We review the Ping i200 irons during a special trip to Ping Headquarters in Phoenix, Ariz.
By Jon Levy
If you’re a fan of Ping and haven’t seen the video of our recent behind-the-scenes tour of Ping Headquarters, we did our best to convey just how serious the longtime golf equipment innovator is about technology and crafting some of the best clubs on the market.
It was an eye-opening day for GolfTEC’s Dave Pauley and I, which included a special rundown of the new Ping i200 irons from Senior Design Engineer, Marty Jertson.
As Jertson explains, the Ping i200 irons were created with the goal of short irons that can be flighted down, and long irons that can fly long and high.
But, that’s just the tip of the iceberg about these clubs, which I can personally attest feel FANTASTIC (like all Pings do). That said, they should be strong contenders to consider if you’re a low- to mid-handicap golfer looking for a new set of sticks in 2017.
So, see what Jertson had to say in detail below, and check out images and the rest of the details about the new Ping i200 irons!
VIDEO: We review the new Ping i200 irons
IMAGES: Ping i200 irons
Features & Benefits
As Ping puts it: A combination of power, precision, feel & forgiveness
- High-launching, distance-generating long irons and compact, precise short irons allow for consistent carry distance with trajectory control for full command of shot making
- Soft, 431SS head, with machined-back cavity and hydropearl chrome finish to repel moisture for improved surface interaction
- Muscle-stabilizing bar and a deeper, longer tuning port harmonizes with thing, fast face to generate distance with precision and tour-level gapping
- Concealed soft elastomer insert activates at impact to provide instant vibration damping for enhanced feel
- Discretionary weight from thinning the face, deeper tuning port redistributed to the hosel region and toe to elevate MOI for added forgiveness
- Added bounce and a contoured leading edge create a sole profile that helps the club glide smoothly through the turf
- A variety of high-performance custom-shaft options, including Ping’s own AWT 2.0 steel and CFS graphite, and after-market choices such as KBS Tour, Dynamic Gold, N.S. Pro Modus3 105, XP 95 and Project X at no upcharge
Ready to purchase clubs? Schedule a TECFit with a local GolfTEC Coach today!